Sunday, January 2, 2011

The me God has wired me to be.

Well, its been at least like 8 months since I have really put anything on here. I've been going in and out of wanting to have a blog for a while now, and since I still really like the name of this one, I think I will keep it. Even though it has a completely different meaning than what it did last year when I began writing on this, I think that the name of this blog still has merit. I find that I am on a completely different place than I was last post. I don't feel that a special blog to catch up would be necessary, so I will just start with today.

I have been home for about two weeks now on Christmas break from school. It has been a time of learning and growing, both towards God as well as learning new things about myself as well. I am finding out that these things are very intertwined. Most of my time has been spent with my girlfriend Jamie, at my house, or at a coffee shop. Nothing to complain about there I guess.

One thing that God is really showing me is that we are all unique. I have been reading a book called "The Me I Want to Be" by John Ortberg, and I have found that this book is guiding me towards a version of myself that is much closer to who God has wired me to be. I am learning that there are many different versions of me that I have been throughout my life, and most of them are not the me God has created me to be, but rather different, incomplete versions. I have lived most of my life as a broken, incomplete version of myself, which hinders the intentions that God has for my life and for those whom I do life with. I have begun to realize that I am unique.

I am different from everyone else on the planet. There may be those who share similarities with me, but there is no one on earth, or will there ever be anyone who can be quite as much like Clark Strasburg as I can. I am not a part of a mass-produced human race with no significant meaning, but rather I am a singular masterpiece within a planet of 6 billion other masterpieces.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

This is the journey I am on right now. This journey takes me to places within myself that have not seen much light in my life. This journey may take me to areas of treasure and passion within myself, or it may take me to places of wounds that have yet to be discovered. Most likely both. Hopefully, I will remain diligent enough to keep posting as I move forward in this journey as I study the inner workings of Clark Strasburg.

I like to close things with quotes from time to time, and I think this one is going to be my motto for the next few weeks or so.

"Be who you are and be it well" -Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment